Out of scope requirements
This test group is documented but not implemented. See developer notes below for details.
This test group tests the following 18 requirement(s).
- "ICAP clients MUST be able to handle all three types of responses" (rfc3507)
- "This MUST be an absolute URI that
specifies both the complete hostname and the path of the resource
being requested" (rfc3507)
- "Similar to HTTP, ICAP requests MUST start with a request line that
contains a method, the complete URI of the ICAP resource being
requested, and an ICAP version string" (rfc3507)
- "Host (REQUIRED in ICAP as it is in HTTP/1.1)" (rfc3507)
- "HTTP headers MUST start with the request-line or
status-line for requests and responses, respectively, followed by
interesting HTTP headers" (rfc3507)
- "The encapsulated headers MUST be terminated by a blank line, in order
to make them human readable, and in order to terminate line-by-line
HTTP parsers" (rfc3507)
- "Despite the above restrictions on encapsulation, the hop-by-hop
Proxy-Authenticate and Proxy-Authorization headers MUST be forwarded
to the ICAP server in the ICAP header section (not the encapsulated
- "To effect a Preview, an ICAP client MUST add a "Preview" (rfc3507)
- "The ICAP client MUST treat this
the same as if it had sent the entire message to the ICAP server
and an identical message was returned" (rfc3507)
- "If the entire encapsulated HTTP body did not fit
in the preview, the ICAP client MUST send the remainder of its
ICAP message, starting from the first chunk after the preview" (rfc3507)
- "In REQMOD mode, the ICAP request MUST contain an encapsulated HTTP
- "The headers and body (if any) MUST both be encapsulated,
except that hop-by-hop headers are not encapsulated" (rfc3507)
- "Using encapsulation described in Section 4.4, the header and body of
the HTTP response to be modified MUST be included in the ICAP body" (rfc3507)
- "As with the other method, the hop-by-hop headers of the
encapsulated messages MUST NOT be forwarded" (rfc3507)
- "The Encapsulated header
MUST indicate the byte-offsets of the beginning of each of these four
These requirements are for classes of implementations that
the current Co-Advisor code does not test (e.g., HTTP user agents or
This test group contains no members.
This test group belongs to no groups.
This test group identifier is test_group/any/requirement-scope-not. Please use that identifier when refering to this test group.